I absolutely love skincare products that smell amazing. I have this uncanny love for collecting creams and lotions and lip balms that promise anything remotely interesting, although I do keep coming back to some soothing fragrances like vanilla and chocolate and cocoa butter, but yeah, every once in a while, a japanese cherry blossom, a rose or a kiwi thrill me! So this time, I was looking for an affordable cream that could:
- Be affordable, to be frank!
- Could function successfully as a hand cream, so something non greasy so that I could go about using my laptop and phone without oily marks all over
- Have a glorious fragrance to kick me and awaken me in my office
- Be great on moisturizing properties, as I have hopelessly dry hands
I had tried the Nivea Soft Light Moisturizer as I got a tiny tub free with some lotion, so I knew that I could rely on its dryness defying properties. But what compelled me into buying this tub was its absolutely heavenly fragrance! Fortunately, they had testers at Big Bazaar so I checked out Nivea Soft Chilled Mint and this one, Nivea Soft Berry Blossom. Not being a mint fan (except the color!), and not having access to the tester of the third variant, I bought myself the 100ml tub of this cute pink Nivea Soft Light Moisturizer Berry Blossom.
My Review: As I said, I knew what I was getting into. A light, non greasy cream, with my prior experience with the regular white variant, that I had used for a while as hand cream. So I bought this basically with that idea in mind.
Packaging: Nivea Soft Light Moisturizer Berry Blossom comes in a regular plastic tub with screw-on lid. The color theme for this variant is pink and it makes it imparts a nice appeal to the product, more like the colorful tubs of body butter by premium brands. I have travelled with it and I can vouch that it does not leak if closed properly.
Fragrance: The fragrance is exactly as per the product name. The first notes that will hit you are sweet, floral ones and then you are bombarded with a juicy, berrilicious smell of raspberries, which is somewhat tangy. Overall, it is a lovely combination as it is sweet yet refreshing. It lasts on the skin for about half an hour, after which it settles into a very typical creamy fragrance if you poke your nose into your skin. Full marks for justifying with the fragrance!
Effectiveness: Same formula as Nivea Soft, so it is decently moisturizing. I take only a small amount, the size of half a coin maybe, and that is enough for both the hands. I also use it sparingly because I don’t want a creamy feel on my hands. I have been using this only as a hand cream, but as a matter of fact, my hands are the driest part of my body, next after my feet, so if a product works well on them, it would be decent for other parts too. It absorbs into the skin quickly and leaves skin softer and smoother. I have been using Nivea Soft Light Moisturizer Berry Blossom only for a few days now, and then, as you all know, if one cares for skin well enough for a few days, it starts looking, feeling and behaving better. So is my case.
Overall, I’d say that if you do not want to spend a bomb on those fancy, metallic tube hand creams with cute floral motifs and pastel color packaging and just want something to do the job while smelling just as good as those expensive products, this is the stuff to lay your hands on.
FFS Rating: 5/5 (mostly for being an amazing moisturizer with an equally amazing fragrance)
Price: Rs 160 for a 100 ml tub, Rs 270 for 200 ml
- Where to buy: Nivea Soft Light Moisturizer Berry Blossom is available at all general stores. You can buy it from Amazon or Nykaa as well.
Pros and Cons:
- The wonderful fragrance of berries and flowers, a delight for the senses
- Great moisturizing power, just apt for use as a hand cream
- Affordable (hehehe, you can tell when a girl is on a budget!)
- Very little goes a long way, so a tub will last you long
- Tub packaging makes me cringy, especially using it at my desk. I am wary of poking my fingers in and have to ensure my hands are clean. They have introduced a tube packing for the original variant, so should go ahead and launch these in tubes as well.
Final verdict: Totally in love with how effective this is, plus how heavenly it smells! I am eyeing the yellow variant now very eagerly! Also, Nivea should make these permanent additions to the line, these are worth it!